Monday, July 14, 2008

Workshop Scope

After reviewing the current state of my shop, I realized I best chunk the work up into small, achievable efforts. [In the business world, we may develop the MGPP - multi-generational project plan.] Completing small efforts builds momentum, keeps the coffee hot, and the work in the forefront of my mind. Small successes build excitement as well, to the point where we can't wait to get back into the shop and tackle the next effort.

I chose to focus on the loft and stairs due to the safety issues I mentioned in the Workshop Case. Also, budget really influences scope. For example, I can't rebuild the entire loft from scratch; too costly. But I can certainly shore-up the existing structure for way less money and still achieve my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment