Monday, July 14, 2008

Workshop Budget

We live on a parcel of land with a 100 year old house. Lots of wood, nails, metal, glass - all kinds of stuff were left here when we bought the place. So while it may be easy for me to find something that will work some with straightening or some milling, I will have to purchase some things new - like plywood, electrical fixtures, and paint. I'd like to keep the loft and stairs budget less than or equal to $500.oo in materials. And if I stick to my scope and mantra - reduce, reuse, recycle, I have a good shot at meeting or coming under budget. Note: I'm not charging for labor and I'm doing all of the work myself. Success is the reward - something that usually doesn't fly in the corporate world where everything is driven by the line item totals, perception and politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment